The Hobbit

My book is called The Hobbit. The genre is fantasy and fiction and a little bit of adventure. I chose this book because my mother said it was an amazing book to read. I think this is a window book for me because there are a lot of older dialects compared to the modern English language. A window book is a book that opens you up to a different type of reading. A mirror book is a book that is similar to your own experience. 

The plot of the book is Bilbo and his dwarf companions are journeying to a mountain to take back the dwarf castle that is occupied by the gold hungry dragon. On their adventure Bilbo learns different things like wielding swords, fighting oarcs, and most importantly being brave.

WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD

Towards the end of the book Bilbo and the dwarves have a big fight with the elves which makes the climax rise fast. The dwarves and the elves settle their disagreements and Bilbo enters the castle with his invisibility ring from Gollum. It’s a big leap from where he got his invisibility ring but I think I shouldn’t spoil that part because that’s one of the most exciting places in the book. When Bilbo goes into the castle he grabs a handful of gold and lures the dragon out of the castle for the dwarves, elves, and humans to fight and defeat the dragon.

Rating:

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️/⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

5/5 stars because it is very exciting and the right balance between action and adventure even though it has a slow start. Have fun reading.

1 comment for “The Hobbit