Camp Kirkwood

THE MORNING

It was early on a Wednesday morning when I arose I gently went downstairs to eat breakfast… Wait just a minute we don’t want to make a boring representation of this awesome trip. I leaped out of bed into a full blown sprint downstairs almost slipping out from my feet. There was no one  downstairs, guess why?… It’s like 4 am so while I was waiting I went back upstairs taking no time at all to get up the stairs. (No time at all = 20min) For some reason by the time I got upstairs it was 4:30 hmm wonder why. So I tried to fall asleep and did not accomplish that goal until, My dad asked me, ”What do you want for breakfast?” I practically leaped out of my bed getting scared half to death……

“Bagel….”

THAT DAY

After a not so exciting breakfast I got in my car to go to school. After a long time waiting we finally got on the buses to camp Kirkwood. It was so fun on the bus, I totally was not asleep. When we got there we had to grab our bags and put them under the pavilion since it was pouring outside. We had a small talk and then had lunch. After lunch we went to activity’s our group, Group 5 obviously the best group went to forest ecology. It was pretty cool. I learned a few things about trees and logs but by far my favorite part….. THE POOL.

THAT DAY

Yeah I know I need a whole paragraph for this part since it was so AMAZING. So first we had to take a swim test which took forever to complete because there were around 12 people in each group, in all that’s like 36. After that a bunch of the boys including me played moss. Slowly more people joined moss until there were very few people who weren’t playing. I know that wasn’t much, but in the pool made the bus ride that I didn’t sleep through seem so short. After the pool we had dinner OH MY GOSH dinner was SOOOO GOOD. At dinner we had spaghetti w/ red sauce and something else that I don’t remember, but all I remember is getting spaghetti and feeling I could rise to the heavens. Sadly we finished our spaghetti pretty fast so I was still a bit hungry. Even so we went back to our cabins. We had about 2 hours ‘till lights out and it was pouring rain, so we played cards. Somehow we spent all 2 hours playing go fish and black jack.

2nd DAY

I checked my watch and it was 1:00 of course 1 in the morning, so the rest of the night I couldn’t sleep. In the morning we had eggs and croissants so it was pretty good. Next we had some more forest ecology which we learned the same thing as on Wednesday but more in depth, cool. After forest ecology we went past the pool to Kanga Jump. For more details it’s a big blob with different patches/colored stripes. First on the Kanga Jump we played this game where you could either say one of the colors for example you could call out blue, and everyone had to go to a blue. Or you could say that blue and people would go to the blue that you pointed at. Guess who won…. I’m waiting…. !Yeah it was me! Only because I dove for the last color which was blue. Next we went to the pool and guess what, played moss again.

7¼ of 2nd day and Last day

After that we went to our cabins for a bit until dinner and took showers. For dinner we had macaroni and cheese, DELICIOUS. Until lights out we played cards. In the morning we had a quick breakfast and then a lot of people went either boating or to the zip line. Both were so fun I couldn’t choose one over the other. After everyone was done with those two activities we waited for the buses to get loaded while playing basketball. That’s it I really enjoyed going to Camp Kirkwood and I hope you will go sometime as well.

Post navigation

2 comments for “Camp Kirkwood